Health Screening Programs
Workplace Screenings by Registered Nurses
VNA Care Network & Hospice's registered nurses can provide preventative health screenings at your worksite including:
- Blood pressure screening: One in four Americans has high blood pressure. Measuring blood pressure and knowing the risks can help prevent
heart disease or stroke.
- Cholesterol testing: This finger-stick blood test can measure total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, and
triglycerides. High cholesterol has no symptoms and can put employees at risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Bone density screening: Osteoporosis has been called the "silent disease" because it occurs without pain or symptoms. Bone
density screening is noninvasive and determines risk for developing osteoporosis.
- Blood glucose testing: A finger-stick blood test measures glucose (sugar) levels. The incidence of diabetes is increasing in
the United States. One-third of those with diabetes aren't aware they have it.
- Tuberculosis testing: This requires two visits, one for the screening test and the other visit two days later to read the results.
Employees receive screening results, explanation of results, educational information, and referral to health care providers
For more information, contact Maureen Sendrowski, RN, MPH, preventative health program manager, at
email@example.com or 888-663-3688, ext. 5603.